Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Well, not only are the Browns sucking currently, this year's version of "As The Elf Turns" begins. I'm sensing this is going to end badly. I understand why the Browns suspended Kellen Winslow, but to introduce discipline to this bunch now is a bit ridiculous. I'm not sure Winslow's comments were as "disparaging" as Browns management thinks.

And it's now a given, unless we see a new coach around here, we won't see Winslow in the last two years of that contract. It's really a shame. I don't see anyone else on the squad as talented or hungry as this guy. Really a super player. Don't get me wrong, we have some talent at his position if he does leave, but I think he's too good of an asset to toss aside. And if you think I have a double standard on that, yeah, I probably do. If it was Brandon McDonald, I'd probably be sharpening my pitchfork.

Meal of Links

Crap. More creatures I have to worry about. What are the odds I will encounter the deadly Cone Snail?

Do Sarah Palin's children ever stay home? It seems they are on the campaign trail an awful lot and it appears this isn't a new practice.

10 good reasons to grow a giant beard. Hiding place for weapons, tools and snacks is a pretty good one.

"Dexter" reups for two more seasons. I think that's a good move.

Exercise Yard

EliteXC, you know Kimbo Slice's promoters, are out of business. Losses were in the tens of millions.

Visitor

40 Down: "The Bonfire of the Vanities" author (8 letters) Answer: Tom Wolfe (I have a copy if you need it)

No comments: