Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Wake me up when September ends..."

Tonight I was at the Indians game. Nomar Stalker presented my Dad and I some club seats, so we definitely had to go. Today's main course was Turkey and Yankee Pot Roast. I opted for the Turkey and it was really good.

So, what did we see at the game.

The Tribe blew an 8-1 lead.

Boof Bonser of the Twins then shut us down for a few innings.

Saw the rarely called Catcher's Interference on Victor Martinez.

Ryan Garko with 4 RBI's.

Justin Morneau left the entire population of the Twin Cities on base in his early at-bats.

I had Moose Tracks ice cream.

Rafael Betancourt pitched an agonizingly long 25-minute eighth inning, letting the Twins go ahead, 9-8. BTW, Betancourt now enters the game with "Conquest" by The White Stripes as his theme music. It's laughable when he performs like he did tonight.

There was an "Every Day" Eddie Guardado sighting. He used to own us back in the day. Tonight, Grady Sizemore homered off of him, hitting the foul pole, to tie it in the eighth.

We left after the ninth, when the game was approaching the 4-hour mark.

I guess Victor Martinez homered in the 11th for a 12-9 Tribe win.

Meal of Links

Ed Helms talks about Ed Helms. And Andy Bernard.

Gene Robinson talks about...guess who? Sarah Palin, of course. Nice Op-Ed. And the follow-up Q&A.

What would your name be if Sarah Palin was your mother? Mine would be Skunk Grunt Palin!

Bands that no one cares about. Rainbow with "Since You've Been Gone". I always dug the coda of this tune for some unknown reason. And a few more I, as well, really don't give a shit about.

A couple of pubs in England want to remove bouncers. Somewhere, Begbie smiles.

Begbie in a Pub



Exercise Yard

I actually stumbled across some hockey news today. Hockey news! Then I realized the NHL starts pretty soon already. Anyhow, here are the Top Ten Hockey Mustaches. Dennis Maruk is #9, and good old Wendel Clark is #2. The hands-down winner is obviously Lanny McDonald.

Visitor

6 Down: "Annie Hall" costar (6 letters) Answer: Keaton

Walken, Allen and Keaton in "Annie Hall"

No comments: