Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I was watching the Olympics tonight and saw a boxer bite his opponent! More of a Dracula attempt on the neck, probably because of the headgear. With Evander Holyfield in the house, no less.

Am I hearing things or did The Who allow one of their songs for a commercial with both Nissan and Honda simultaneously? I am confused. But I'm sure they are leaders in the clubhouse with the most songs ever used for ads.

And finally, I saw some Olympics ping-pong, er, table tennis. Did you know Nigeria once dominated African table tennis? I did not. But I did see a Nigerian beat an American. They play best-of-seven, up to 11. And no, they didn't play in Mao's basement.

Meal of Links

Russell Crowe is going to play Bill Hicks. Sounds early in the process, but I'd see it.

Here are some items you think are photoshopped, but they aren't. The most intriguing one has to be that airport in St. Maartens.

McCain is Bush, says Jack Cafferty on CNN. Excellent summary.

Exercise Yard

Could you imagine the Indians doing this? The Cincinnati Reds sent a letter to fans apologizing for the season. And it's not over yet.

It's like "I know in the last 12 months, we hired Dusty Baker as manager. We also traded Josh Hamilton, the Home Run Derby star, but we got a good pitcher in that deal. And two of our well-known players, Adam Dunn and Ken Griffey, Jr., well, we traded them too, because, quite frankly, we weren't winning with them. But don't forget about us, tickets are sold through September. See you at the ballpark!"

It'll never happen with the Tribe.

Visitor

51 Across: "Float like a butterfly" boxer" (3 letters) Answer: Ali

No comments: