Sunday, August 17, 2008

I actually went to the Target at Steelyard Commons. Hadn't visited Steelyard since last October, but I must say, there were plenty of people shopping down there. I don't know if it can be viewed as a success, but the turnout surprised me. Looks like plenty of room for growth down there, as well.

Zoiks, a Chick-Fil-A opens there in November! Hey, that's cool. They have a Jimmy John's, IHOP, Chipotle and Steak 'n Shake already for food intake.

Meal of Links

I read an obit like this and I think hoax right away. It's on the website of the Vallejo Times-Herald though, I guess it's legit. Must have been some kind of woman.

Obama tells Wesley Clark, we don't really need you anymore. He isn't even going to the convention.

Can tastelessness sell at the box office? "Tropic Thunder" does $26 million this weekend. We'll see if it's sustained after school starts.

Exercise Yard

Cheating in NASCAR. I didn't think the Nationwide series ran in China.

BTW, I watched even more Olympic boxing over the weekend. Sort of an exercise in self-torture because the scoring is so bad. For everyone. Only one American left.

Visitor

None, the EPL started today.

No comments: