Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life is just too exciting recently. Last night, I bought a toaster on eBay. I had a gift card, so the price was right. Wasn't a real auction, as I opted to get it from the KitchenAid store. With reasonable shipping, I thought it was a good deal. My last toaster? It died a death by Italian bread. Not sure what happened, but it bent up mechanically and decided to expire.

Today I bought, not some, but a pot from Bed Bath & Beyond. I needed a decent-sized Circulon pot that was on clearance. Thought I'd get it at Kent, but they still had the display left for the regular price. They'd only knock 10% off. At Ridge Park, it was $20 off plus that insanely big 20% off coupon. They must go the same printer where the golf tournaments get their big checks printed.

Meal of Links

Do I even have Fox Reality Channel? Ewan McGregor gets back on the bike for "Long Way Down". This time, he and Charley Boorman, take the cycles from Scotland to South Africa.

Barney Frank upholds his promise and introduces a marijuana decriminalization act. 100 grams would be the limit. Speaking of that, Cheech and Chong make up. "Dave's not here."

Carry your groceries with a small cloth. Might work, because when I'm at Marc's or Giant Eagle, they treat me as "10 Bags for 11 Items Guy".

Jack White does the new Bond theme. With Alicia Keys. That's a big WTF?

Exercise Yard

Ohio State is now the most hated team. It appears it's as scientific a poll as one man's opinion. However, as Seinfeld says, "I'm not really sure how official any of these rankings are anyway."

Visitor

51 Down: Bandleader Shaw (5 letters) Answer: Artie

No comments: