Saturday, June 28, 2008

My neighbors are moving, it appears. The U-Haul pulled up this morning. Isn't there something in the Neighbor Code that they need to tell you when they are moving, or did that go out in 1972? (Aside to Paul: If you waited, we coulda been neighbors!) Hopefully, Guitar Hero doesn't move in. I get enough music with Neil Peart living on the other side of me.

Meal of Links

I don't eat a lot of candy. And I certainly had trouble with this quiz. You try to identify candy bars via a cross-section. I regret to report I was 10 for 20 (/hanging head in shame) and that was with a late rally.

The art of the Thank You Note. I sent my goddaughter a gift for high school graduation recently and got a very nice Thank You in return, with humor. I liked it a lot. It's not that hard, but you gotta commit.

God knows I love monkeys. Spain does the ape world a solid by giving them some human rights.

Unless Warren Sapp surprises me, his time on "Dancing With the Stars" will be short-lived. Guaranteed his act of "Mean Face" followed by laughing will grow old quickly. I got tired of that about 10 years ago. Sapp answers questions.

NPR wants to know the Best Music of 2008, thus far. Here is the poll. My five choices were:

Drive By Truckers
MGMT
The Black Keys
The Raconteurs
The Ting Tings

Right now, Death Cab for Cutie and Vampire Weekend, which I also like, are running away with it.

"How To Get Into Any Club"



Exercise Yard

UGA VI died. He was almost 10 and handled University of Georgia mascot duty for 9 of those years. He'll be buried with the other UGAs. I'm surprised the press release didn't say "UGA VI has been moved to a farm in Pennsylvania."

Visitor

Across Down: Language family that includes Tamil (9 letters) Answer: Dravidian The only reason this was a Saturday puzzle was because of the phrases. Otherwise, it was not that tough.)

No comments: