Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I really hate the song "Music Box Dancer". Hated it a long time ago, and hate it still. Last night, I took a walk up to the post office and on the way back, nightmare occurs. It's an ice cream truck playing "Music Box Dancer".

You have to understand, it's three blocks away from me, and I've got maybe a 20-minute walk back. Not as if it's a car and it can pass you by quickly. It's on its route, practically crawling along and begging for customers, basically torturing me. Slowly. Then, it continues slowly down that street, ever so close. I can hear it, but can't get a visual on it. Finally, it disappears before I walk into traffic.

Meal of Links



























Any time Gina Gershon is involved, I am there. She's dirty with just a smidgen of being scary. Helena Bonham Carter, on the other hand, is dirty to the point of terrifying. But would be so good!

The oldest bars in the US. Well, until the commenters took notice. Begs the question, oldest bar in Cleveland? We are guessing Harbor Inn.

"Control", the Ian Curtis biopic, is out on DVD today. Liked it very much.

Andy Warhol was shot 40 years ago today.

Hey, that R. Kelly trial is something. Great courtroom watching today.

A question I've often asked. Could you retire with $1 million?

Exercise Yard

Google Street Maps strikes again. Hey, is that Lou Piniella? (Click Street View, rotate 180 degrees). He's on the Bar Louie side of the street.

Visitor

50 Down: Golfer Garcia (6 letters) Answer: Sergio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I read the specs of the Control DVD correctly I read that the DVD is in color.I certainly hope that is not true.There also is a Joy Division documentary on dVD being released on the 17th.By the way I am writing this while I am getting an upset stomach listening to the wicked witch from NY.-------JMK