Thursday, May 08, 2008

While trying to determine if Rick Manning says "bang-bang" during each Indians broadcast:

I learned to always wait for the results of the blood test. I get a call from my doctor yesterday that I, indeed, have "the gout". Who knows how you get it, I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that has happened lately to trigger this. No sudden changes in diet or eating something that may have caused it.

Again, I consider myself lucky because I don't have any pain, really. But I have to be on a medication for 10 days and after that, switch over to some sort of more permanent (for the time being) med.

Meal of Links

As I arrived home yesterday with choppers hovering:

















I realized that Papa John's Fever was infiltrating the neighborhood. As I was walking around yesterday, I thought I'd gawk at the Fulton Road location for grins, and at the corner of my street, there was a young kid eating his out of the box. I guess when you wait a long time for a 23-cent pizza, well, it ain't gonna get cold. As I got closer, I encountered an old woman and I asked her how long was the wait? She said, "Three hours and they are running out of dough," My only reply was, "Well, you'll have that."

















Let's face it. If you're in a suburban area waiting for a 23-cent pizza, you are an idiot. If a media member asks you who to thank and you offer, "LeBron" or "King James", you're even more of an idiot. But I will offer this. If you're poor and someone gives you a 23-cent pizza, maybe you'll stay in line, regardless of the wait, because it's considered a treat. Not saying it's right, but I wonder if the poverty level is that bad, that we have some sort of modern bread line going. Still not sure what Papa John's gained by all this. I guess it's free publicity, as long as no one gets knifed. You lose goodwill if people think they got hosed, even for 23 cents. All of the workers who showed up should get a bonus, I think.

Maybe these people had the right idea:

















I like "the Gong Show". I like Dave Attell. Will this work?

"Speed Racer" has arrived. A look back at the Japanese cartoon classics.

Exercise Yard

I'm not sure the Cavs are in lots of trouble, but the first two games against the Celtics have been troubling. As was correctly pointed out in the broadcast, who can create their own shot other than LeBron on this team? Say what you want about Scottie Pippen, but he was a solid Number 2 for Michael Jordan. The Cavs have no one even close to that talent level.

Numbers are horrid. LeBron is 8 for 42 in two games. Cave shot 35% for the game and that's Brick City. And they got outrebounded. I know the Celtics defense is first in the league, but Daniel Gibson gets 2 shots in 20 minutes? Wally Szczerbiak is much like Travis Hafner. He hits 2 shots and everyone thinks he's back. Then he has a game where he is 4 for 11. Again.

Really a bad display tonight. Cavs lose, 89-73 The only good thing is they come home and Boston has yet to win a playoff game on the road this year and has looked like a different team while doing it.

Visitor

50 Across: "To Kill A Mockingbird" lawyer (12 letters) Answer: Atticus Finch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, there is probably some moron reading your blog who thought it was a good idea to wait in line for 3 hours. For me, even if there was no lines, I wouldn't go there because I can't help but think the local owners are getting screwed by a directive from corporate Papa Johns and the actions of some idiot in DC who thought it was smart to include the logo. PFS PS.. Mike Brown Sucks!

Anonymous said...

Gout---A build-up of urine acid? I thought that was Uromisitisis Poisoning when you had a buildup of urine acid???? PFS