Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I had to visit the doctor today for what appears to be bursitis. Wiki has a picture of the tennis ball I've been lugging around for the past two weeks. Which makes me wonder what their pages for STDs look like. Anyhow, the doc suggests what he wants to do involves needles. Yes, that's I wanted, to drain the stupid thing.

So, as he's prepping all of the needles, gauze, band-aids, etc. I notice the injectable of choice is lidocaine. Yes, half of the Roger Clemens treatment! All I can think of is him defiantly saying, "Lidocaine and B-12!". As we were draining and injecting, the doc kept reminding me that they needed to test the blood for uric acid to see if it was gout.

Damn. I always associated that with old guys and their tootsies. I understand that gout has a lot of pain associated with it and my current pain was about a zero, it just looked gross. We are pretty confident that this will test out as bursitis. Hopefully, never to return.

Meal of Links

Sue Johansen is retiring. The type of show, when you stumble upon it for the first time, you never forget.

Some cool photos from National Geographic. I think the Brazilian one is a very fascinating mix of old and new.

Amazon looks like they are starting a new service for out-of-print recordings. It's hard to fathom that anything would be out-of-print these days, but I guess there are some that make the cut.

Exercise Yard

Charlie Weis sure is talking a lot for not being a very good coach at Notre Dame. He accuses Michigan of already lining up excuses for next season. Same guy who recently said, "I could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow. I won't do it that way."

I hope U of M wins by 50.

Visitor

31 Down: Player for whom Giants Stadium, oddly, is the home field (9 letters) Answer: New York Jet

No comments: