Thursday, January 10, 2008

While contemplating Radiohead's visit to Cleveland this summer (Gee, I wrote that and "Body Snatchers" blasted from the Music Choice channel just then)...

Somehow, I ended up on the Cavaliers call list as a "Preferred Customer". I think I bought one game. It made me wish the Do-Not-Call List extended to organizations you patronize. I must have been repulsed by the concept, because I was extremely uncooperative with the caller. I give her credit for hanging in there, but sheesh, haven't they sold all their tickets yet? And why are they bugging me?

Meal of Links

Another second chance at a TV series. DVRs and TiVos should roll when "Mad Men" returns on January 20. Season 2 will commence this summer.

Did you know that Marvel Comics pulled a "Dallas"? Spiderman's marriage never happened. Wouldn't that be cool to start over again?

Look at who the candidates are getting as celebrity endorsements. I saw Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon with Edwards in NH. I love the fact Wilford Brimley is in the McCain camp, because he's older then McCain and it kills me each time I hear him say "diabetes". And Sean Penn is supporting my congressman.

Exercise Yard

How would you like to coach in the English Premier League? Sam Allardyce lasted all of 21 league matches after being hired at Newcastle. Of 20 teams, 8 have already sacked their managers.

Visitor

15 Across: General Bradley (4 letters) Answer: Omar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who said celebrity endorsements don't work? I have been wavering on which Dem to support but seeing Barock with George, well, let's just say I can't wait to put my X on the paper ballot.
If Wilford Brimley is the best you can do, you better start warming up the oatmeal.
BTW Mad Men was excellent! I highly recommend it, especially to those who have vague memories of the 60's.