Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gale and I were convinced by Uncle F-Bomb to head over to Li Wah in Chinatown last night. They had the Cavs game on which was heading to two overtimes. I liked it, but I prefer my Chinese food with a bit more heat. Hot and Sour Soup was really good, but a bit more hotness would have worked better. Egg Roll was OK. Crab Rangoon was very tasty. I opted for the Kung Po Shrimp for the main course. I will say this, you get a generous amount of shrimp and a big portion which I decided would also serve as today's lunch. Again, with a bit more heat it would have been great, but good nonetheless.

Meal of Links

One of the easiest things to make is pancakes and I do know my way around the griddle. Here are some pancake recipes that look pretty good from Yahoo! Food. Especially that one with the Orange-Honey Butter. BTW, another new food item I had this week are these Blueberry Special K Bars. Good snack.

Could you imagine your office doing this? I could not fathom what my present office song would be. At a previous haunt, it was "Safety Dance" that we used to crank. Sadly, no midgets or animals were present. I'm thinking "Six Months in a Leaky Boat" (without the 90-second intro or 70-second coda):



Whatever happened to those "thirtysomething" people? I never watched the show. Much like "Mannix", it's not on DVD either.

Exercise Yard

I can't believe Costanza got fired as the Browns defensive coordinator.



















Looks like Mel Tucker has taken over. Kind of a curious move. There are a few things that puzzle me. With extensions going to Chud and probably Romeo, did Todd Grantham want more of an extension added on to what he got last year, a la Grandpa Charlie Manuel? I thought our run defense blew chow, but that's a 10-year old story, he didn't have the players. My guess is maybe the development of Kamerion Wimbley. He was kind of a non-entity this year. Whose idea was it to stick with Ted Washington at nose tackle, that might have been an issue. Or was it a complete lack of blitzing the first half of the year? To protect some shaky secondary play, the Browns were getting no pressure on the opposing QB during that time, giving up 45 to the Bengals and 28 to the Dolphins.

Maybe Romeo has decided to start flexing his muscle and demand his own guys in key positions. After one good year, I might add.

In EPL news, Ronaldo just scored for ManU, one of three today, on one of those set pieces where the wall jumps up, and he shoots the ball UNDER the jumping players. Very sneaky.

Visitor

6 Down: Old Ford (5 letters) Answer: Ernie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Romeo got pissed off when Costanza suggested he eat a big salad!!! PFS