Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I finally got my TV back to normal. I needed an optical digital cable to get my Dolby on and things are working out great with the new setup. BTW, if you want to make sure you are getting all of the formats you should and you have the devil as a cable provider (Time Warner), there is a quasi hack on the Scientific Atlanta HD box to set you straight. I have the prehistoric 8000 HD DVR box and it works the same on it. The resulting picture is much improved.

Meal of Links

Hunter S. Thompson quotes. Many good, dare I say, better ones are found in the comments. I can still picture Johnny Depp saying that first one.

Dennis Quaid talks about what happened to his newborn twins. They each received the wrong dose of blood thinner. Not by a small amount, but by, oh, about a thousand times the regular dose.

Bourdain has a new blog. Three entries, thus far, but read the Hawaii one for sure.

Exercise Yard

The center on my fantasy basketball team, Chris Kaman, was misdiagnosed with ADD as a kid. He only found that out last year!

Visitor

33 Across: TV's Warrior Princess (4 letters) Answer: Xena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the link to the Bourdain blog. Great to know the really smart foodies talk amongst them selves (Ruhlman emailing just to push his buttons and make him crazy). The best line..."This was like being unexpectedly groped and publicly slipped the tongue by the ugliest girl at the prom." The second best: "I finished my Hawaii shoot in a state of agitation, dreading the FN promos to come, figuring it'll be like being publicly identified as a Milwaukee Brewer long after having moved to the Yankees."
At least we have something to look forward to...the Michael Symon / Ruhlman cook book.