Sunday, December 02, 2007

My brother and I had fun last night. First of all, there was hoops at CSU, then off to the Cedar-Lee. First Saturday of the month means "Cult Movie Series" and yesterday it was time for "The Big Lebowski". If you recall, this movie did shit at the box office, but has developed into a cult favorite. So, it was packed. And some people dressed as their favorite character, a few better than others.

I went as Cranky Old Guy. First, there was a line forming to wait to go in, so I did my part and had a Christmas Ale. But every Johnny-come-lately just walks up and doesn't respect the line, especially when the doors open. As John Goodman says in the movie, a line needed to be drawn and after a bunch of WTFs, I decided to move over and go real slow. Oh, I may have stopped two or three, but we just can't roll over, can we?

The two rows behind us were filled with people who were drinking fore and aft and during. And they were talking. Now, I don't mind if folks are there to chat about the movie or yell at the screen, as long as it's somewhat movie-related. Hey, I saw "Snakes On A Plane". But this one guy a couple of rows back would not shut up. After, I don't know, 10 or 15 minutes of his non-movie rap, I finally had it. I turn around and he's leaning forward between two chicks and conversing about some sort of shit. In the spirit of the movie, I said, "Dude, you wanna keep it quiet?". Of course, 10 minutes later I got the old, "Oh, keep quiet over a movie I've seen a 1,000 times." I thought I harnessed my aggression pretty well. Hey, I'll throw down at these things, if I must. Especially if it's dark and they can't follow you to your car.

But it was wonderful to see it on the big screen again.

BTW, the short version of "The Big Lebowski":



And, of course, nobody fucks with the Jesus:



Meal of Links

The 6 Most Important Experiments in the world. Now if I can just get a refrigerator to actually dispense ice cubes in my class, we'd be in business.

We open up the casebook of one Dr. House for medical review. He grades out OK, it seems.

This year's Super Bowl halftime performer...Tom Petty. I hope he plays "Don't Have to Live Like an Amputee".

Exercise Yard

Last night, CSU played the Golden Tornadoes of Geneva College, located in Beaver Falls, PA. They are an NAIA school. They were so thoroughly outmatched, my brother said they played like Golden Showers. I wish CSU would quit playing schools like this. It makes no sense, unless you consider it to be a vigorous workout for your team. Anyhow, CSU killed them, 107-51, in a game that proved nothing. We left with 3:52 remaining and it was 99-51 at that point. We missed not a thing. Same as if we didn't even go at all.

Visitor

None, it's a dreary Browns Sunday.

No comments: