Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It seems that the Mitchell Report will come out this week, as MLB now has a copy today. Let's see how quick that leaks out. I'm pretty anxious to find out what's in it, but I think I am probably going to be disappointed because it won't go far enough. I believe it will concentrate on those who are already out of the game, as opposed to a current list of offenders. And how could they not interview Jose Canseco? Must have been regarded as someone who would talk about their methods of interrogation and probably passed on some useful info.

Both ESPN and SI have the pregame lowdown on what to expect.

Meal of Links

Time has jammed a whole bunch of Top 10 lists into one handy gateway. Some interesting stuff resides here.

Chris Elliott writes novels now. I remember "The Conspiracy Guy" used to make me laugh a lot.

From all appearances, Led Zeppelin put on a great show last night. The lure of the dollar may be too intense to resist next year.

Exercise Yard

Omigod. Look who WWE brought back for a Battle Royal on the 15th anniversary of "Raw" last night. Are you kidding me? Howard Finkel introduces:

Al Snow (with Head)
Bart Gunn (Thank God, it's not Mr. Ass.)
Doink the Clown (Oh, no.)
Repo Man (I think he stole a belt once.)
Steve Blackman (The Lethal Weapon!)
Pete Gas (From the Mean Street Posse. Yes!!)
Bob Backlund (Age check, please.)
Skinner (The poor man's Steve Irwin.)
The Goon (Who? Where is The Mountie? I don't care if he's dead.)
I.R.S. (Always liked this guy.)
Flash Funk (Who?)
Gangrel (Huh?)
Scotty 2 Hotty (I absolutely HATED this guy.)
Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (One of my all-time faves.)
Sgt. Slaughter (Almost as old as Backlund.)
Gillberg!!! (I am now on the floor.)



This has all the Battle Royal goodness you would expect. Well, except it's old farts runnin' around. Well, more like huffin' and puffin'.

Wait a minute, it's the MILLION-DOLLAR MAN!!!!!!! "Fifteen years later, everyone still has a price." That was a fun trip down memory lane.

Visitor

16 Across: "Sesame Street" giggler (4 letters) Answer: Elmo

No comments: