Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hey, I have city workers by my house this morning. It's the return of the leaf sucker-upper! You see, about 10 days ago, a house several doors down from me threw their piles of leaves too late for the last go-round. Not sure how it happened, but those leaves made it big-time to my neighbors yard and at the end of my driveway. Then it snowed. I was waiting for a thaw to clean them up and voila! Heavy machinery on my street.

First, the Rock Hall inductions are here every third year and now my leaves are picked up. God bless Mayor Jackson (he says blindly)!

Meal of Links

How can you not feel uplifted today? I was at the Happy Dog for Polka Happy Hour. Still a fan favorite, and I defy you to leave there in a bad mood. And I got to play "Seven Nation Army" on the jukebox. Good times.

Roger Ebert lists his Top 10 movies. And talks about all of his favorites from 2007.

The four-letter continues to raid print media for talent. Not sure where they are all going to fit in, because it's getting crowded.

On the Tenth Day of Christmas
"Merry Christmas From The Family"/Robert Earl Keen

Hard to not like this one. Drinking, smoking, eating, family troubles, watching TV and a Christmas song in the background. Then more drinking, smoking, eating, family troubles, picture taking and a Christmas song in the background. Then more drinking, smoking, eating, family troubles, a power failure and a Christmas song in the background. Toss in a Mexican and a visit to the grocery and you have your Feliz Navidad. Favorite Line: "Carve the turkey, turn the ballgame on. Make Bloody Marys, cause we all want one!"



Exercise Yard

My invoice for the Browns playoffs has arrived. My tickets are doubled to $80 for a Divisional game and go up to $95 for a Championship game. I'll wait and see if the results of the Cincinnati game render that moot.

Visitor

1 Across: Group originally named the Jolly Corks (4 letters) Answer: Elks

No comments: