Sunday, December 23, 2007

As I was leaving for the CSU game yesterday afternoon (and I kinda liked the 1:00 start for a change), I get a knock on my door. Two guys were there to install a new electric meter on the house. Why does that make me sense higher bills in my future?

After the game, I went out with S. over to Melt. I love that place and my standard BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese is really good. And they are continually packing them in over there. A plus is they actually had soccer over football on the big screen. Might have been temporary laziness, shitty bowl game, or a special request, but good to see anyway. Could not get the dessert (because I had many liquids), which was Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Doesn't that sound good? Maybe I gotta run back.

Meal of Links

The British Royal Family has come to YouTube. Seems like an interesting idea.

FHM has the Top 10 Viral Videos. "U.S. Americans" should be happy with the list, as we have the Zombie kid, the Britney sympathizer, Pearl, "Don't Tase Me, Bro", the Hoff, Flea Market Montgomery and "Chocolate Rain".

A nostalgic look at Wrestling's Greatest Stereotypes. Good to see Mr. Fuji in there. "More punishment!" The links to the clips are good, as well. The one where Nikolai Volkoff sings the Russian National Anthem offers some nice commentary by McMahon and The Brain.

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas
"Run Rudolph Run"/The Brian Setzer Orchestra

This is from one of Brian Setzer's Christmas concerts and it's the old Chuck Berry classic. Everyone is dressed in red, but featuring three guys. Stand-up drums, stand-up bass, and stand-up guy. Very rockabilly on that beat. And almost morphs into some surf along the way. Favorite Line: "All I want for Christmas is a rock-and-roll electric guitar."



Exercise Yard

CSU won 86-70 yesterday. They played the mighty Chippewas of Central Michigan. Their coach somehow found a suit that fit the shade of maroon of their road unis. But this game was a foulfest.

At first, it appeared the Vikings were going to get homered at home, as two guys picked up three first-half fouls. It eventually went the other way. With only 6 minutes gone in the second half, there were 10 fouls for Central and only three for CSU. That prompted Central's coach to tell the ref, "All I'm saying is that it's 10 to 3. 10 to 3, man."

Eventually, the fouls started going the other way again for a total of 50 combined. That translates to a long game. But CSU shot over 50% again, which is unusual. They are heating up.

Yesterday's giveaway was a CSU Christmas ornament. Plus, everyone received a card signed by a player, mine was from Breyohn Watson. The one I previously received in the mail from CSU, I have no idea who it was from. It seemed a guy signed it by writing a slash.

Visitor

None, it's a rainy Sunday.

No comments: