Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another Halloween is in the books. For the first time in a long time, I actually had leftovers from last night. I think the time change really hurt my neighborhood. There was not a lot of activity by me until after 6:30. So, I didn't get out there until 6:45 and really had 35 minutes or so before it was dead. Plus, not as many houses were participating.

(CoCo and Ice-T)






























Highlights:

The best costume, by far, was Sexy Pirate Mom who was accompanying her spawn. Wearing one of those Errol Flynn swashbuckling outfits. She can swab my deck anytime.

The older kids do not even try anymore. I had one kid who had a mask on top of his head. I told him, "I didn't think I'd have to card anyone tonight." His friend was so old, I told him, "You should be giving me candy." I gave them both Tootsie Pops in a defiant move. After I was done, I walked over to Subway, where I saw the maskless one smoking.

(Becks and Posh look-alikes)























Not much imagination at all. I saw a Darth Vader that was pretty cool, but is this 1986?

An odd girl said, "Trick or Treat", opened her bag, then took off before I could put candy in her bag. I asked her to come back and her Mom asked, "Was she scared?". I said, "No, impatient."

One kid was dressed as T.O. I gave him two pieces of candy, because I told him he had guts. Of course, his T.O. outfit was an Owens jersey and a Cowboys cap. He should have done pushups in everyone's driveway or had pills spilling out of his pockets or something.

I had one Spidey, a Buzz Lightyear, an Incredible, a Jason and way too many princesses.

One little "angel" actually grabbed a handful of candy from the bowl. Oh, no, you dint. She then chose one.

My Dad handed out Dum-Dums again. Dum-Dums! I told him you know they hate you when they leave. He understands, because he likes to bitch about Halloween. He discriminates this way: Locals get 2, the members of the vanned-in crowd get one.

Speaking of transients, it wasn't too long before the traditional minivan of Hispanics parked by my house. The door opens and it resembles the clown car at the circus. I swear, 50 kids come pouring out and all you hear is "Mira aqui!". Oh, it's quite the sight.

(Kyle MacLachlan)




















One house on my street actually had a keg going. Not sure if that was for parents strolling by, or for themselves, or maybe the kids. I should have introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Thirsty."

One mother was several houses away from her brood. As she passed my house, I heard her mutter this to herself, "I hope this ends soon, I gotta pee."

Meal of Links

The Weblog Award nominees are up. Always a great place to find something new.

I don't think the Chinese have anything to do with this pizza recall. I don't buy these brands anyhow.

Don Imus returns on December 3. Looks like no TV and no satellite radio. For now.

Exercise Yard

Eagles coach Andy Reid lives in a house described as a "drug emporium". And no, he doesn't live at Wakgreen's.

Visitor

25 Across: Bond (15 letters) Answer: Film Secret Agent

No comments: