Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yesterday, I mentioned I went to see "The Darjeeling Limited" at Crocker. I failed to mention, however, that it was almost a private showing. As I said, 6 people showed up. It was located in one of the basement theaters. Of course, I was already honked off that my movie card didn't result in a free popcorn, but in a Sour Patch combo. Are you kidding me?

Now this basement theater had the few rows that are ground level and four, somewhat lengthy rows that are stadium seating. Capacity is only 133, so we're not talking the Colosseum here. There was no need for my Roger Ebert get into the middle of the screen viewing location, as I normally do when I'm by myself, because it was small. I go three rows up, three seats in.

But I'll be damned if this one guy doesn't come in, walk to the far aisle, go up a few rows, then completely do a reversal, walk back towards my aisle, go up that aisle, and sit in the row behind me. That's right, last row, four seats in. OK, can you creep me out anymore? But I hate when people do that. I didn't hear him whistle though. Maybe he noticed my Kernel Seasons, but I wasn't sharing.

Meal of Links

David Cronenberg hates "Crash". Use of the title is what annoys him. James Spader was ultra-creepy in his version.

BTW, Super Bowl 41-and-a-half is not shown in Cleveland this Sunday (note the gray area). Unfortunately, it's the Browns only 4:00 home game in 2007 and it's on Fox.

Here is this year's most popular Halloween candy. I was at Red Hot Chili Peppers a year ago, so I'm back handing out stuff this year. This year's allotment includes: Twix, Milky Way, Reese's Caramel and Butterfinger.

Exercise Yard

Baseball is over and we slide right into the basketball season. TNT has the best studio show, mainly because of Charles Barkley. But Ernie Johnson, Magic Johnson and Kenny Smith are all top-notch, too. Tonight's preview show ended with a gem as the Spurs were about to receive their championship rings.

Ernie: "Magic, what's it like to play on Ring Night?"

Of course, Magic goes on about teamwork, etc.

Ernie, "Kenny, what's it like to play on Ring Night?"

Kenny goes on about dreams coming true, etc.

Ernie (knowing Charles hasn't won a ring): "Sorry, we're out of time." Everyone starts laughing. Then, it's Ernie again: "Charles, what's it like to play a team that gets their rings on Ring Night?"

Charles started laughing really hard. Those guys are great.

In other news, FIFA finally scrapped their rotation for hosting the World Cup. The 2014 World Cup goes to Brazil. And shortly after the awarding, concerns about corruption, costs and security took an immediate foothold. Wouldn't be soccer without those usual suspects.

Visitor

25 Across: One in Santa's support group (3 letters) Answer: Elf

No comments: