Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Dad went missing this a.m. Not for a long time, but for about 90 minutes or so, no one knew where he was. Of course, like most members of our family, we have pinned inside of our clothing this message, "If found, take me to Alesci's." and that's where he turned up.

You see, he was supposed to go the Indians game via the rapid. Through some sort of miscommunication, he went to the Puritas station while his partners in crime were waiting at the Brookpark station, which happens to be before his stop. Thinking he was late, he hops on a train and goes Downtown, while the search party gets cranked up and others are still at the Brookpark station. Yeah, it's tough not to fear the worst, but it was well established he had just made two phone calls in the previous hour. It was obvious he had left home, so I was pretty convinced it was a case of going to the wrong station.

He normally has his cellphone with him, but left it home today. Imagine the nerve of that guy, going places without a cellphone. Some people! But the crisis would have been averted if he had it, so that became today's lesson. And he saw a win. Just in time for his eye surgery tomorrow.

BTW, I happened to take advantage of the half-moonlit evening and walk through the part of my neighborhood that is more hood, than neighborly. The thing that struck me is that some of those businesses around there were not doing very well. The pizza place had no one there. The bar a couple of doors down only had two customers. But they have dollar drafts from 1:00 to 7:00, so maybe that's when it's crowded. Even the funeral home had not one wake. That's hard to believe. The crazy thing was the Palm Reader was still open. That seemed odd to me. I guess you never know when you get the urge to drop in on a seer, although if she could see the future, that's probably why she was open late.

Meal of Links

Ahoy, matey, and grab a schooner of Coke. I hope you got to Talk Like A Pirate today.

DirecTV is getting closer to its goal of 100 HD channels by year's end. Pretty easy to determine Time Warner's response, because I don't see any in the article.

Ray-guns are so cool. I prefer the early cartoon version myself.

















Exercise Yard

Jose Mourinho throws in the towel at Chelsea. Only adds to my viewing of the big Chelsea-ManU match on Sunday.

Visitor

21 Across: Ring master (3 letters) Answer: Ali

No comments: