Thursday, September 06, 2007

I took a walk over to my Dad's earlier this evening. So, we ended up watching "Seinfeld", is that a shock? After "Serenity Now" concluded, it's the "Alec Berg" episode, also referred to as its real title, "The Face Painter". Anyhow, something happens during the show (and I'm not saying what) and all of a sudden, my Dad says, "That's you." I said, "What?" (could have said "Serenity Now!", but I didn't.) He says, "Yeah, that's you." I told him, "I need examples." Then he got all flustered and said, "I can't pinpoint the times, but that's you!"

These things occur in the episode:

George says, "Do you realize toilet paper has not changed in my lifetime?"

Kramer says, "Oh, I'm there. Monongahela!"

Puddy paints his face for a New Jersey Devils hockey game.

Kramer gets in a fight with a monkey.

Jerry says (in a John Houseman voice), "Did you hand in your assignment, Mr. Berg?"

Was it any of these or do we have to go off the board for the answer? I know, and I may tell you someday. Not now.

Meal of Links

Is this cat asleep or dead? That reminds of myself last Sunday.

Mario Batali claims I'm not dead. Yet.

Hey, it's a Christian Bale interview. If you haven't seen "The Machinist", please do. Awesome movie.

Exercise Yard

OK, I saw some predictions for the Browns division on Deadspin. What really made me laugh were the comments. These predictions were ranked, but not by the actual names of the cities, but other things.

For instance, here are two predictions for the order of finish:

The Wire
WKRP
Mr. Belvedere
Drew Carey

Older black coach
Young black coach
Not a black coach
Oldest, fattest, blackest head coach

I think we're headed for last again.

Here's a nice recap of last week's college football news. Obviously, Michigan's loss was the Big Magilla, but look at those other big schools who bombed.

Visitor

33 Across: "Rights of Man" author (5 letters) Answer: Paine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many to choose from, but these are the lines that I hear rolling off your tongue:
What about these nitwits that get on a plane with nothing to read?
Are you confident in the 'I love
you' return?
I'm taking a stand against all this over thanking.
Well, that's what you get for getting mixed up with a face painter.
I am betting it was a funeral
'hello'. He knows we're here, he knows the number, he knows we want to go. There's plenty of time for him to call and give us the tickets.
I know I have call waiting but I don't trust it in an emergency.
Did you hand in your assignment, Mr. Berg?

Anonymous said...

I recall a face painting incident when you had Chief Wahoo on for opening day...then the chick asks, "Did that hurt?" WHAT? Oh, the temporary tatoos - HA!!!!! But then again once a face painter always a face painter.