Monday, September 17, 2007

Denise asked me to go the Tribe game this evening, and you know I cannot pass on club seats. I think I did better this team by only snorting down the left side of the menu. It's good to go with someone who is familiar with this section, because you get to find out where the bathrooms are (who knew I had choices?) and I stumbled upon my new favorite activity, playing with the soda dispenser.

Anyhow, this developed into quite an exciting game as the Indians won in the eleventh inning, courtesy of a home run off the bat of everyone's favorite, Casey Blake. Other fan fave, Jhonny Peralta homered twice, including a game-tying shot in the eighth. The Tigers are not done, but this was one bitter defeat, blowing a 5-2 lead in the eighth. We are very close now. Start crossing fingers and lighting candles. The magic number is now 7.

Meal of Links

Times Select is over! Hey, if this was successful, they'd continue to charge for access, right? It's about time the NYTimes was free online again.

A Seinfeld time waster!

Even SNL staffers got tired of Jimmy Fallon's antics. I excuse his laughing on "More Cowbell" and not much else.

Exercise Yard

It's O.J. again. Time to call the lawyers again. Let's see, Johnnie's dead. Kardashian's dead. Shapiro is still around, I see him on some commercial. Scheck does great work with The Innocence Project and I don't think DNA tests are part of this case. Hey, there's always F. Lee Bailey.

Visitor

18 Down: Journalist Bly (6 letters) Answer: Nellie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't F Lee Bailey dead also?--JMK