Wednesday, August 08, 2007

OK, I'm in the middle of some sort of power surge festival over here and have to tap this out quickly. I ventured over to Marc's tonight and did the old I need one thing, but I end up with 12 items visits. You see, I'm making Savory Ritz Bites for the weekend. It's like Spock directs you through the aisles at Marc's. "You have bacon at home, why not make BLTs?" Then that weird scientific music carries you over to the vegetable area. "Bloodies for Sunday. Why not make sure you have enough mix?" "Cheese is a good thing." Bah! I'm out the door, $21.98 poorer.

Meal of Links

I love kids. But here are 10 reasons not to have them. "They say one curse word and people assume that you speak in Two Live Crew lyrics."

As you know, I realy like "Dexter" and it starts on Showtime at the end of September. I was gonna send an e-mail from this "Dexter" viral campaign to a couple of people, because it sounded cool. But I sent one to myself to test the freaky factor, and that was pretty high if you had no warning it was coming. Therefore, I dropped it.

Yes, it's a Jonny Quest movie! They better pick an appropriate Race Bannon or I'm gonna be pissed.

Exercise Yard

I finally finished the book "The Echoing Green" by Joshua Prager. It is the story of how Bobby Thomson's famous playoff home run, "The Shot Heard Round The World", was a byproduct of the Giants stealing signs. The Giants had an incredible home record once they did this during that summer and caught the Dodgers to eventually win the pennant in playoff.

Appropriate for our times, when another Giant happens to be in the news. The old baseball axiom, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying." lives on.

The book, however, was a terrific read.

Visitor

44 Across: Sister of Zsa Zsa (3 letters) Answer: Eva

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Matthew McConnaugh for Race. Oh, and let's throw in George Clooney as Dr. Quest and I'll be there on opening day.