Monday, August 13, 2007

Is it me or does it appear we are suffering through an epidemic of people who don't want to be passed while driving in their cars? When did getting passed become socially unacceptable? I've noticed some folks dawdling in the speed lanes lately and then once you dive over to make a pass, all of a sudden they find the accelerator.

I can't figure out if it's people on the phone, distracted by something else, or if it's a new game played at a higher level. Happens a lot more than it used to, if you ask me. And I'm not sure why if it's a clear lane ahead of them, they would not maintain speed and let me take off in front of them. I mean I'm passing so I can go faster than them. Not to get ahead of them and dawdle. It is making me very angry.

Well, maybe not as angry as when my paper gets stolen. Yesterday, I found the Sunday PD in an odd place and when I dumped the paper out of its bag, it appeared that the current news sections (Front page, Metro, Sports, Forum) weren't there. So I went on a rant to no one there, about how that was a new one, at least they left me the ads, left me the real important news, etc. Only to eventually find those sections about 5 minutes later. All I could muster was a loud "Never mind!".

Meal of Links

Things you should not do on a first date. This made me laugh really hard.

Bush's Brain leaves, I guess his body will be leaving soon, too. W. seemed so sad, like it was all over for him today. It has been for a while, but maybe it sunk in.

I think the Van Halen tour with David Lee Roth has not much potential. I can't think of a more irrelevant comeback of all the comebacks that have comeback recently. If Ed stays clean, it might be OK musically. Roth is not even a cartoon these days and it seems, I don't know, so unnecessary.

Exercise Yard

Allan Houston may be in the Cavs future. Hasn't played in two years, but the guy can shoot.

Visitor

63 Across: '50s VP candidate Kefauver (5 letters) Answer: Estes

No comments: