Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This mid-year report on movies released in 2007 reminds me I have to catch up on some of these I missed. Uh-oh, "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock was the third-worst so far this year. Be sure to pick up the DVD that just came out. Having paid to see it, I have a premonition that it sucks.

Meal of Links

I liked the fact the White Stripes concluded their Secret Shows across Canada with a One Note Show in Newfoundland. They did notify everyone ahead of time they would play only one note. I'm sure that was for obvious security reasons.



Mark Bittman tells us it's hot in the kitchen during summer. So he reveals 101 meals you can make in less than 10 minutes.

I've seen a bunch of live music lately. A list of dont's for concerts. John Prine t-shirts at Dylan come to mind.

Exercise Yard

The Michael Vick Experience looks to be in trouble with the federal dogfighting charges. Probably more from fans than the NFL. People love dogs and if you or your cohorts are electrocuting or hanging underperforming fight dogs, well, that doesn't go over very well. As someone said today, "Dawg Pound" is not a verb.

Visitor

4 Across: Yankee outfielder Johnny (5 letters) Answer: Damon

No comments: