Saturday, July 28, 2007

The new "Simpsons Movie" opened last night. Gale and I ventured over to the sold-out Crocker Park for this one. It surprised me that I was perhaps only three or four removed from wearing the chaperone hat, as there were a lot of youths in attendance. All I know is the movie made me laugh. Sure, it may have dragged in a couple of spots and it was really just a lengthier version of what you see on TV, but I thought it was a good time.

I laughed when Bart was writing on the chalkboard, "I will not illegally download this movie." Homer makes me laugh. Comic Book Guy made me laugh, too. I don't know, for all the negativity out there regarding "The Simpsons", I had fun.

Meal of Links

If the presidential candidates were NFL franchises. For instance, Sam Brownback = Cleveland Browns.

Time to stock up. Here are the 100 items most likely to disappear during a national emergency. Soy sauce checks in at Number 75.

Everything you wanted to know about the AK-47. Except that he plays for the Utah Jazz.

Exercise Yard

Henry Hill chimes in on the NBA betting scandal. Excellent read.

Visitor

29 Across: Dramatist Behan (7 letters) Answer: Brendan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see gale has her priorities straight. simpsons over bob dylan. I think you made a good choice. mr. mix

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to go and give Kenny Lofton his standing ovation but Bart and Homer were more important. DOH!