Sunday, July 01, 2007

It was such a nice day today. Too nice to sit inside and eat, so I took my Dad to the patio at Fisher's Cafe in Peninsula. Which was one hoppin' place with all the bike riding and hiking going on. As we were waiting to be buzzed with the pager, lots of foreign people showed up. Some were Euros (I guessed Serbs), Asians, and even Colombians. My Dad started with the old "speak English" rant. I told him these folks looked like tourists, although I'm not sure how they would find Peninsula. Might be the Cuyahoga Valley train. I finally had to tell him, "Hey, I didn't know I was having lunch with Pat Buchanan." Thank God, these folks didn't pressure the wait staff into a table before we were seated outside. He would have caused an international incident on domestic soil, if that's possible. Anyhow, I had eggplant fries and a catfish fillet. Very good. He treated me to an ice cream cone at Country Maid, where I opted for the peppermint stick flavor. Outstanding.

Meal of Links

I'm proud to say I follow all of this advice for good credit. Therefore, my latest credit score was 794. I think that's pretty good.

I hadn't watched "Talk Soup" or its current incarnation, "The Soup", in quite a long time. Until last night's weekly recap show. You know, it still made me laugh out loud. There was some funny stuff, like Oprah and her va-jay-jay again. They also have a half-year special on E! on Monday that might be worth watching. Here is a clip from a month ago:



Well, the "Concert for Diana" was today. I think I saw Dennis Hopper introduce somebody. WTF? Hey, Tom Jones was there. Sort of dancing.

















Exercise Yard

I was really surprised by Mike Hargrove's resignation. Especially since the Mariners have been a big surprise and are actually contending. He said it was pretty much an accumulation of 35 years in the game. I think Jim Leyland left at around the same age, and recall Hargrove never had a break between his managerial jobs. He said he's through managing though. I don't know if there is a smoking gun, because it sure sets him up for a ton of criticism. I recall Dave Cowens quitting at Charlotte in the NBA with a reasonable record and then resurfacing at Golden State and then bailing there, and he hasn't had a head coaching job since, although he assists the Pistons currently.

The Indians should let him sit out the season and bring him back in some sort of community role. For all of his managerial faults, he sure had a home here, and he got us to 2 World Series in three years, when we've only been to 5 in the history of the team.

Visitor

None, it was a sunny Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to talk to your dad about all the Kims and Jongs and Paks and Parks.... on the U.S. women's golf tour. Kind of like the Enterprise being overun by the Tribbles. PFS