Saturday, April 21, 2007

"Sunshine came slowly through my a-window today."

Finally, a return to a warm, sunny day on a weekend that was missing for about three weeks, and before that, oh what, five months? The good news is my lawn no longer has bedhead. Nope, it now has cornrows. I hate mowing in the p.m., so I tried to get it done in the morning. You know when it's wet and the wheels stomp down that grass and it doesn't get trimmed enough under those paths? You get cornrows. Bah! It started off poorly, as I didn't have any gas for the mower. Doh! Thought I had some, didn't check. And because it had been warmer (above 50) and sunny for a couple of days, thought it might have been dry. Not a chance. So, that was a struggle. Major mower clogging.

But that wasn't the main angry point today. Nope, that was saved for a trip to Skyline Chili. I hadn't eaten anything all day and had a real hankering for their food this week, so I finally stopped in. Oh, I had no problem with the food or the help. It was this damn kid behind me. This Dad, who's trying to take the kids out for some food, is saddled with this kind of youngster. This kid kept saying, "Dad, I want a chilito.". OK, sounds innocent enough. But it was the way he said it. He kept saying it like this, "Chee-lee-to." as if he were Hispanic. He kept saying it in an annoying way like Kirk Gimenez of ESPNews. You know, the dude that rolls his r's every time a Hispanic player highlight is shown. Or calls Carlos Beltran, "Carlos Bel-tron", to emphasize the Spanish.

Anyhow, this kid was beyond annoying and he would not shut up about that chilito. I hope it was cold.

Meal of Links

My Dad and I went to the Happy Dog last night and Gale joined us later during Polka Happy Hour. What did I learn last night? My Dad still loves those polkas. Within seconds he's tapping his fingers on the table and has that air accordion going. It's a fun time, because it's difficult to bring sad subject matter to a polka. I think the roughest lyric last night may have been "...table for two, one seat for me, the other for memories of you...". That's about as sad as it gets. But the crowd was very disappointing. I understand it was the nicest Friday of the year, but the crowd was non-existent. Have to see what it's like next time, during the summer. First time for the pierogis there and my Dad, noted pierogi maker, gave them the thumbs up. They were good.

"WKRP in Cincinnati", a great show. "WKRP in Cincinnati, a not-so-great DVD. You knew music clearance was a big issue for DVD release, I guess we didn't how much.

"Ten Reasons You're Not a Billionaire". Yep, no vacations and less sleep and you're on your way. What a load of hooey. Hey, I don't conduct meetings during 18 holes on a golf course I own. Otherwise, I might buy into that no vacation stuff.

Exercise Yard



























They still hate Vince Carter in Toronto. But the Nets still won today.

Visitor

37 Across: Racing family name (8 letters) Answer: Maserati

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They complain about Rap lyrics.....
These polkas can be quite disturbing. What about the "Too Fat" polka, the "Beer Barrel Polka" and "Who Stole The Kiszka?" polka? Lyrics that are derogatory toward fat women, promote excess drinking and focus on Polish on Polish crime??
Something must be done!! PFS