Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My MoneyCard has been rendered useless. It has been split for a while, but now it can't read the stripe, although it had been able to for a while, even with a small split. At least the ATM won't swallow the card, it just says nicely to try again. I gave up after 5 tries. Seemed like a legitimate effort. Takes 7 to 10 days, mind you, to get a new one. I'm sure I can go inside a bank (the horror!) to use it, if necessary. I would expect they get just as digusted as the cashier at the grocery, who tsks when they have to type in the numbers on your discount card, when your card doesn't scan. Oh, I know all their tricks to get under my skin.

Meal of Links

Comic books can be unintentionally funny at times. He said "boner". Merkle's Boner is still funny, as well.

Larry "Bud" Melman, R.I.P. I loved that man. I seem to recall a trip to Roosevelt Island that was unbelievably funny. God, that was when Letterman was the best. Take note of the infamous Larry Bud interviewing style:



I really like good opening credits, be they in a movie or a TV show. I don't know, it's like the producers really care about their product. It's nice to see some good ones around, especially since the demise of the TV theme song, and the short running time of most shows these days. Great to see "Dexter" on there, as the opening sequence hooks you. Well, at least it hooked me.

Exercise Yard

Matt Schaub was traded to the Texans. I think the Falcons become a prime player to move up from what is now the 8th slot in the draft. I can see them easily packaging their one and a second rounder to move up even higher. I hope the Browns answer the call.

Visitor

47 Down: Harris of "Seinfeld" (7 letters) Answer: Estelle ("What am I supposed to do with all this Paella?")

No comments: