Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What a terrific winter sky this evening. The moon was in the sky like a pizza pie, you could actually see stars above the city lights, and you could see for miles, it seemed. The full moon or close to it, allows you to still see Christmas lights. Only three days remain for the hanging of such lights to remain socially acceptable.

If you put them up around Thanksgiving, they need to be off already. But if they were hung in December, they can remain in place til January 6, Epiphany. Then it's over. And those inflatables, which should never be blown up in the first place, need to scram, as well.

Meal of Links

"Extras" starts up again in two Sundays. Bowie's episode is on the 21st.

A David Lynch interview. OK, a really long David Lynch interview. But, it's a David Lynch interview.

I found this list of band cameos in movies to be sort of lame. But anything that includes Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in "Wings of Desire" should be acknowledged. Not a fan of the "Carny", but "From Her To Eternity" is one of those bizarro tunes that needs to be cranked.

Over the break, I happened to see "Don't Knock The Twist" with Chubby Checker on Turner. Omigod, was that bad. I turned it off after The Dovells did the "Bristol Stomp". The lead singer cracked me up. And wasn't life easier when you finger-snapped your way through the day.

See for yourself:



Exercise Yard

So, Nick Saban is a liar. Could not believe how much of an apologist Chris Mortensen of ESPN was today. Mort used the old "Nick never spoke with Alabama". Uh, that's why we have agents. I think Saban effectively closed out any future NFL jobs with his actions.

I understand the guy likes coaching college football, but only sticking with the Dolphins for two years has the taint of "cut and run" to it. I really like him as a coach, too, but I kinda hope Alabama gets hosed on the deal. Should have been handled much better.

Visitor

58 Down: Politico Gingrich (4 letters) Answer: Newt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sorry that you didnt break the 2005 Callahooga blog record of 280 posts. What happened to that dashing younger man in the black and white photo?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - who are you Bud Selig playing for a tie!?!? And I personally know you are not my fiance'