Friday, December 29, 2006

One of the things I enjoy about having XM Radio is the variety of programming. I was listening to the Christmas podcast of Harry Shearer's "Le Show" when Harry told everyone that his show was now on XM, Sundays at 3:00. That's good news. It gives another outlet as WCPN airs this at 1:00 on Sundays. He played some cool Christmas tunes, including "Jesus Was A Dreidel Spinner".

"Le Show" is one of my favorites and his "Donald Rumsfeld Christmas Special" was really funny. It had special guests Yakov Smirnoff and Al Franken. Al was Santa and he was dropping in on Yakov, who was living in Iraq. Al bitched about not having a chimney to enter the house, so he had to knock on Yakov's door. Yakovisms: "In Russia, starlets put panties ON." and "Iranis remind me of my brother-in-law...come for two weeks, stay for two years!"

Meal of Links

I can account for the iTunes Store being all fouled up earler in the week. I wasn't even trying to buy anything. I wanted to redeem some gift cards and had major troubles until late Tuesday.

I applaud the Gordon Square Arts District effort. This is the type of vision that is sorely lacking in the city. Note that neither Mayor Jackson nor any City Hall official are quoted. Detroit-Shoreway is quickly becoming the coolest place within the city limits and it's all because of the local (non-Downtown) input. Outside of Tower City, this will be the only movie house in the city. I can't wait for "Happy Dog and a Movie Night". Perhaps, one day, we'll be like Dubai.

They are piling on the Bears fans this week. First, the Packer game gets moved to the evening for NBC. Next, no beer after halftime.

Exercise Yard

Mike Tyson in trouble. Again.

Visitor

22 Across: Major character in the bestseller "Disney War" (6 letters) Answer: Eisner

No comments: