Tuesday, October 17, 2006

On the way to work this a.m., I stopped at the drive-thru pharmacy. No, not the one on the corner, but Walgreens. Geez, they have to put a limit on how many transactions you can get filled at the window. This woman in front of me took so long, I was there 10 Minutes! 10 minutes, I say. Of course, my swearing made it seem like 20. They handed her so many things stapled together, you thought it was her Halloween candy purchase.

I mean we have socially acceptable procedures at the 10 item or less lane at the grocery. Typically, 2 over is acceptable. At the ATM, again 2 transactions is the socially acceptable number. And if you use more than one ATM card and there is a line, you cannot sit there and do several transactions on each card. We need to institute some laws at the pharmacy. And fast.

Meal of Links

The allure of YouTube. I love YouTube, because it's cool that things you may have missed, you know someone, somewhere, has recorded for everyone. You can see Dennis Green's tirade after the Monday Night Football game, the Miami-FIU brawl, Steve Lyons comments that got him canned, Joe Calzaghe showboating, Nancy Grace being, well...Nancy Grace, any Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert clip. Just a great site and now owned by Google.

On the campaign trail with Mrs. Sherrod Brown. Looks like a book is coming.

The 101 Most Influential People That Never Lived. Hey, Joe Camel was No. 78 on the list.

Exercise Yard

Who would have figured that Jeff McInnis is banned from Nets camp? It's part of the new NBA. If they don't like you, you just sit.

Visitor

70 Across: Friend of Jerry and George (6 letters) Answer: Kramer "Yeah, well, Joe Pepitone or not, I own the inside of that plate. So I throw one, you know, inside, you know, a little chin music, put him right on his pants. Cause I gotta intimidate when I'm on the mound. Well the next pitch, he's right back in the same place. So, I had to plunk him."

No comments: