Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What is with the Jumble? Worse than Marmaduke, I think they ran out of words in 1963. But what is the point of having a final answer you can deduce, without having all of the words solved? Like today.

The first word is "havoc", second is "pause". That took about 2.5 seconds. Fourth word is "powder", another easy one. I am taking my time with the third one, when I realize the bonus answer is "horsepower". OK, should I continue with the third word?
Well, the word was "frieze". Not "freeze". And that's my point. Why can't this puzzle use words we actually use? Not dumb it down, but use words that are spoken in 2006. "Frieze" is an architectural term, but who the hell uses it in a sentence.

The good thing about it being so easy, it allowed me to complete the triple of Jumble, Sudoku and Crossword during lunch. Take that, British guy.

Meal of Links

This guy watched the Food Network for 72 straight hours. I'm still puzzled by the low carb show I watched on Fit TV. It was hosted by a fat guy and no, it wasn't Dr. Phil.

A list of the largest Google AdSense publishers. Take a look at Digg, if you haven't already.

I don't watch "Boston Legal", but it sounds like fun. "You should have included me in that conference. I'm a good actor. I won an Emmy."

Exercise Yard

Barker Davis is as good as it gets when it comes to writing about golf. I failed to mention his Sunday skewering of FIGJAM.

Visitor

9 Down: Hairy man-monster (8 letters) Answer: Werewolf (Sometimes your own answers are funnier, but then that would ruin the puzzle, wouldn't it?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did not the great Mayor George Forbes once say "Our kneize will frieze from the cold Lake Erie brieze."?