Monday, September 11, 2006

Today is the fifth anniversary of 9/11. It's a bit sad that for many people, myself included, this day has already reached "just another day" status. I probably watched more football than any 9/11 remembrances today. People do not want to relive this event, given the numerous well-done efforts that seem to fail to reach any sort of audience. I'm sure if I were in NYC I'd feel differently, but I think Middle America feels oddly disconnected to 9/11 at this time.

While we here told how this event has changed the world, it's anniversary seems to have faded faster than Pearl Harbor Day and Flag Day. I can remember when those days got their proper due for a long while. But as time marches on, not many people want to be bothered with 9/11.

Meal of Links

Charlie Babbitt must be depressed. Because "Bam! The Future of Rock and Roll" dies this week.

Football fans have long memories. A group of DC fans do not want Heath Shuler near their city, as he runs for Congress.

How bout a little MySpace history for class today? And they seemed like such nice people.

Exercise Yard

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has a trash problem. He decided to promote good will amongst his new neighbors by dumping his trash in their yard.

Visitor

54 Down: Channel swimmer Gertrude (6 letters) Answer: Ederle

No comments: