Tuesday, August 15, 2006

While sitting here wondering why Gerald Ford ends up in the hospital every week, only to sneak out later, I paid some bills today and realized I got my major credit card debt down to zero. As in nada, nil, a bagel, if you will. That's a great feeling. Especially with a new credit score coming next month.

OK, so it's like eating nothing but salads ten days before a doctor appointment, but it works. Speaking of doctors, I took advice from mine and have been icing my elbow every day and it seems to be helping it. I've joked for months that I have "frozen elbow" and finally mentioned it to a medical professional, fully expecting x-rays and a treatment plan. He told me to ice it. I figured I'd try it and initially had no hope, but it seems to be responding. Still not 100%, but tolerable now.

Meal of Links

CBS joins the streaming party. Now if we could just get more HD channels. Hey, I finally discovered I now have NBA TV.

Nature is so-o-o-o sexy. In a National Geographic kind of way.

Did you know that Bill Elliott has a beef jerky product? Available at Wal-Marts near the race tracks. Honest.

Video of the Week

"Wishing Well" was first out of the box for old Terence Trent D'Arby. This video showed a lot of promise. First off, a really neat tune. The bass player looks like the coolest guy in the state, let alone the room. Then we have a chick with a Genevieve Bujold/Katarina Witt thing going on, I think his girlfriend at the time. What's with his badge? And listen for the "bells ring". Little did we know this guy's ego would effectively kill his career.

Terence Trent D'Arby-"Wishing Well"



Exercise Yard

Dr. Z chimes in with some NFL observations. I guess we still suck, but it's always a good read when Seattle's Lofa Tatupu gets mentioned. But good news, the preseason games, even with all the substitutions, are clocking in at an average of 2:55. That's unheard of.

Visitor

14 Across: Folk singer Guthrie (4 letters) Answer: Arlo

No comments: