Friday, August 25, 2006

I wish I could hire "the announcer guy from the movies" to say “I have to take care of a bunch of shit”. I got a head start this a.m. by taking the old Scion xB for a checkup. I knew I had to do it eventually, but the diagnosis is I have to order some tires and get the brakes taken care of. I’ve got over 42,500 miles on that car since June of ’04. Yeah, they pile up fast. That took care of my early morning and I was done there by 8:35. Gotta go back next week.

After that, it's the wait for the air conditioning guy to come over. I had a small leak, which I think is just water. It’s beyond condensation, so I had to make the call. At least I thought it was water, but it may be some sort of colored liquid that may be poisonous. Not sure. Well, it's 1:00 and I am still waiting.

In the interim, I went to my Dad's for lawn trimming. BTW, he got an excellent report from his cardiologist. He told him he was doing fine, keep doing what you're doing and if you wanna schedule your back surgery now, go right ahead. I think it threw a curve ball at him, because he thought the back would be on hold for a while. Not clear how long he wants to wait before having another surgery.

Tomorrow, it continues...

Meal of Links

Those career women are nothin' but poison. Never trust a big briefcase and a smile.

If you feel like yelling about some place in Cleveland, try yelp.com. One guy seems to be yelping about food a lot.

William H. Macy says, "Enough is Enough! I've had it with these motherfuckin' actors showing up late on this motherfuckin' set."

Exercise Yard

Albert Belle goes to the pokey. Was the most feared slugger I've ever seen and apparently it continues off the field, as well. When your wife isn't a credible witness, you've got problems.

Visitor

17 Across: 1939 debut (6 letters) Answer: Batman

No comments: