Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Here are some things that I've tried lately (besides my onion dome and olive spoon) that I thought deserved a chance:

Sushi from Giant Eagle. Yes. I know, I know, why not go somewhere a little more authentic? Like Heinen's. Well, I've been craving it lately and I left my turkey sammie at home today, so I had motive and opportunity. The advantage to working near the Hudson-Stow border is they have a Sushi Chef on site and they don't ship it in. I opted for the tuna roll and inhaled it. It was pretty good.

Diet Pepsi Jazz, Strawberries and Cream. "Indulge Your Senses" it sayeth on the bottle. The worst name/slogan for a pop, remember, it's a pop, in a long time. But pretty tasty, as far as strawberry flavored stuff goes. It falls in line with the fact I can have strawberry flavored stuff, but don't like to eat real strawberries. Yes, I am an idiot.

Diet Lipton Green Tea with Citrus. Liquid crack, as far as I'm concerned. Can't get enough of it. I've even mainlined the Diet with Mixed Berry in a pinch.

Barq's Floatz. I got these during a weak "What the hell, it's a BOGO." moment. These are little ice cream cups with a frozen root beer float in them. The downside is they are not very big and there is a huge temptation to eat 2, perhaps 6 at a time. It's not necessary, but I softened them up in the microwave for a few seconds and they came out OK. Not the greatest, but not bad.

Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. The good thing is it's a natural that you don't have to stir. I think I'm missing something because when I compare the labels of this and Regular Creamy, I see no difference. But since it's peanut butter, it's gots to be good. And it is.

Meal of Links

We are the 7th drunkest city in the U.S. Hard to imagine in a land of $10 Moscow Mules and $35 pitchers of Margaritas. PBR me.

Not hard to believe is the fact we live in America's poorest city once again. We have regained the title. One in three below the poverty line. One in three. Incredible.

Can a light bulb change the world? The answer is yes. A favorite joke: "How many bodybuilders does it take to change a light bulb?" "Five. One to change the bulb and four to shout, "You're huge, man! You're huge!"

Video of the Week

An animated video you don't see very often is Pearl Jam's "Evolution". This was directed by Todd McFarlane, who we remember for other things these days. Things to look for include the dancin' Cartoon Chick, and a whole bunch of stuff that blows up real good. But there are images that are somewhat disturbing and maybe that resulted in less airplay. But I like it. Remember, "It's evolution, baby!"

Pearl Jam-"Evolution"



Exercise Yard

I'm fairly certain that the crazy Cypriot, Marcos Baghdatis, is going to end Andre Agassi's career at his next match at the U.S. Open. A true "Loser Goes Home" match if there ever was one. But we can still watch the Top 10 Agassi commercials.

Visitor

24 Across: "Stars and Stripes" composer (5 letters) Answer: Sousa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quit stealing my jokes
Signed
The Unknown Comic