Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Robotic Dwarf who works at the Burger King is getting on my nerves again. I didn't have a particularly great lunch today. I hop in the car and realize I forgot the damn crossword at home. Then I decide I'm goin' to BK.

Pull up to the drive-thru and order the following: Chili, Side Salad with Italian, Diet Coke. Zip around the corner and who's working? Of course, it's R.D. and I know she's gonna say it and I know it's gonna kill me when she says it and now I gotta wait until she says it. Here it comes, "Do you want any ketchup?" I actually have to restrain myself from leaping through that window to choke her while screaming, "Read my order, woman. What could I possibly need ketchup for?" It absolutely kills me. Every time.

If I ordered a chocolate shake, she would say it. If I ordered a Dutch apple pie, she would say it. I think if I ordered ketchup, she would say it. Christ, how stupid can you be? And I will not buy any "policy requires it" kind of an answer that demands they ask about ketchup.

Other than that, it was a beautiful day.

Meal of Links

Finally "Le Show" returns to Cleveland airwaves. Obviously, you can get the podcast, but I'm glad the show is available locally. Now, about that timeslot!

Carl Monday talks about lots of stuff. Including t-shirts.

Drew gave me a tip on this one. Driving while using a cellphone is just as risky as driving drunk.

World Cup Photo of the Day















France goes through to the Final, as Zidane takes another spin on the Wayback Machine.

Exercise Yard

Gale and I scalped some club seats to sit through another Indians debacle. The great Melky Cabrera killed us today, knocking in five, including a granny. Aaron Boone chipped in with three errors, two on grounders and a foul fly.

Of course, you have to eat like there's no tomorrow when you are in the club. Here is a line I hope to never repeat again: I had a hot dog, corned beef, turkey and a gyro. A gyro! I've only had a gyro once in the several years since one caused my last vomit. Fingers crossed presently.

Visitor

55 Across: Sportscaster Bob (6 letters) Answer: Uecker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I took another shot at making Gyro meat a month or two ago and this time it came out just right. So next time you want to vomit, just give me the word and I'll make it for a Browns game!!! PFS