Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"I want my Mooch!". Just like the MTV campaign of the '80s. I've discovered that with my cable changing from Adelphia to Time Warner, the kind folks at TWC have not deemed it necessary to carry the NFL Network in Digital or HD. What kind of backwater operation is this? Especially with the NFL Network picking up live NFL games later in the year, including that third Thanksgiving game. Oh, Time Warner will act like they're interested, but let's face it, they've already had two years to get this deal done.

At least, other communities have the same fate. I think the change begins next Tuesday. The idea of getting Court TV On Demand and not the NFL Network is criminal.

Meal of Links

I really don't care about Lance Bass. I mean the last I heard from him, he wanted to be a spaceman. But what I do care about is the fact his boyfriend is from "The Amazing Race". Again, it's that faux celebrity status that irks me. "Hey I ate bugs in "Fear Factor", where's my celebrity dolla? I'm an actor." Sheesh.

Ben Broussard is traded for a guy you can only say Gesundheit to, Shin Soo-Choo. At least he is a promising prospect. Strange that our Opening Day first base platoon is now Seattle's first base platoon.

"Arrested Development" lives on in syndication. G4, MSN and HDnet allows it to be aired online, digitally and in HD.

Exercise Yard

Gale, Nomar Stalker and I attended Dollar Hot Dog Day last night, as the Indians beat Detroit. I had two of these dogs and boy, did I feel it overnight. The highlight was not Grady Sizemore's triple, always an exciting play, or the rarity of an even more exciting inside-the-park home run by the beloved Casey Blake.

Nope, the highlight for me was a conversation after the game with Random Urban Type. Mind you, I was wearing my "Black Power Salute" t-shirt depicting the '68 Mexico City Olympic Games.

RUT: "Were you in Mexico City in 1968?"
Me (chuckling): "No, I was too young back then."
(Pause...More Pause...Even More Pause)
RUT: "You ain't that young."
Me: "Thank you."

Visitor

10 Down: Former talk show host Tom (6 letters) Answer: Snyder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I hear any Tribe announcers call him the Soo Choo train I am going to scream------JMK