Thursday, July 27, 2006

Drew and I went to O'Rielly's last night. I really like that place, but Cedar Road by Cedar Center is a mess these days. They continue to have some of the best pub food around at O'Rielly's. I vowed the next time I ate there if the Po' Boy was on the menu, I'd have to get it. Well, it took me two years to have it on the specials board when I was there and of course, it was chow time. Awesome sandwich.

Meal of Links

What's up with David Hasselhoff? No news on him for years, now he's consistently making scenes wherever he goes. Remember, "He's the Hoff".

Diabetics should go vegan. Shouldn't everyone try to eat more veggies and scale back on the dairy? Seems like an unnecessary study.

An anti-smoking vaccine is being tested. I imagine if it works, Big Tobacco will be rendered helpless. Uh...nope.

Exercise Yard

Before we crucify Floyd Landis in the latest doping scandal to hit cycling, a few reminders. He was not tested for having high testosterone, it was his ratio that was out of whack. Secondly, everyone who has had this high result has had it overturned with their B-sample or further testing.

Conversely, the bad result came after one of the most phenomenal rides in recent Tour history. And the Phonak team has been charitably described as dirty for a long time. There is a shadow, but let's not go overboard. Yet.

Visitor

25 Down: "La Dolce Vita" actress (5 letters) Answer: Aimee

No comments: