Monday, June 12, 2006

Speaking as someone who very nearly killed Omar Vizquel in an auto accident, I feel I can comment on Ben Roethlisberger's accident. The woman who allegedly caused the accident really has no choice. She must leave town. The sooner the better. The ridicule she is about to face, especially if Big Ben's injuries cause him to miss time, will never let up. "Oh, so you're the one who Roethlisberger ran into..."

I'm curious to see which way the media go with this. Kellen Winslow, Jr. got skewered in the press for his motorcycle accident. I see two major differences. One, Winslow had it expressly forbidden in his contract to ride bikes, let alone learning stunts. Second, he's black.

My prediction: Roethlisberger will receive as much sympathy as he does being branded stupid.

Vizquel? He was behind me on the East 9th ramp to the Innerbelt. I had to jam on the brakes because of the nimrod ahead of me. I thought for sure his yellow Porsche was going to crush me. All of a sudden, there he was three lanes over and flying. I think it may have been K.I.T.T. If he had been injured, I would have had to move.

Meal of Links

Jeezy Creezy. Now Superman has gay overtones.

Robert Redford tells the Democrats to grow a spine. "Boy, what is it with you people? You think not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth?"

I'm not obsessing on the World Cup. However, here's how Brazilian players get their single names.

World Cup Photo of the Day












Beer builds your body in 8 different ways.

Exercise Yard

OK, it's too easy to bash the Americans for a really awful World Cup opener today. Claudio Reyna was the only guy who showed up. Italy is next. I'm afraid this one is over, before it even got started.

It's the appeal of soccer, however. No Eric Wedge-type press conferences here. No sir. Coach Bruce Arena rips the players. Maybe Coach Ditka can help.

Visitor

20 Across: Sly Foxx (4 letters) Answer: Redd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish we had a manager that had stones like Arena's.If you heard his press conference after the so called 10-8 "win" it was if they still won by a 10-2 margin.Back to the better sport I got into a discussion about how bad a loss this game really was.Basically I said the US was toast because I do not think they will beat Italy and don't forget things such as goal differential.I also thought their uni-s were eerily familiar to 98's and you know what happened then----------------------------------JMK

Anonymous said...

Superman gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that...