Sunday, June 11, 2006

I've had a strange day. First, I was set to watch some soccer at 9:00 and experienced a major power surge. But I think it was only the TV that gave the impression that it blew up. Everything else seemed fine. TV was back up and running in about 10 minutes and it seemed full power came back in about 30 minutes.

Then later in the afternoon, I locked myself out of the house. Doh! But, aha, I did have my cellphone with me. For once. Not that I fashioned it into a pick a la MacGyver, but I called for assistance. Not sure the last time either of those events happened.

Meal of Links

If Viveca A. Fox was on "Dancing With The Stars" would you watch? I'd say it depends on what she was wearing.

England's World Cup girlfriends had to pay extra for all of the baggage they loaded on the plane.

If you have never seen "The Searchers", what are you waiting for? Could be the best Western ever and, arguably, the most influential one.

World Cup Photo of the Day












Do I like Trinidad or Tobago better?

Exercise Yard

The Indians are really struggling, now they're fighting amongst themselves. Apparently, Wicky Wicky Bob challenged Paul Byrd to a fight after yesterday's loss. An unnamed source say they don't get along. That seems obvious. Management has to be concerned with these rather public incidents (see Sauerbeck) compounded by uneven play and many losses.

Attendance should be OK with series against the Cubs, Reds and Yanks soon. Let's hope the play on the field matches the enthusiasm of the fans.

Visitor

None, it's an F1/World Cup/NASCAR/NBA Finals/Tribe in Primetime Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a bullpen vs starter issue or does this go deeper - who wants to win more?

Anonymous said...

You should teach your dog to open the door for such an emergency...