Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Today, I got to see my niece perform in athletics for the very first time. The sport is...soccer. You know, the one Dads hate until they have kids and get smart. Her team only had three that showed up, as attendance is not even close to being mandatory, once you get the "Tadpoles" t-shirt. So they let the kids run around with the instructors.

My analysis: Well, we have some work to do. Probably needs to cut down on her waving to the crowd. Her workrate could improve a bit. She reminds me of Bill Murray in "Stripes" when Sgt. Hulka asks, "Soldier, I've noticed that you're always last." Winger replies, "I'm pacing myself, Sergeant." Her head could be on a swivel much more, as she loses track of the ball. I'd say more Mia Farrow than Mia Hamm at this point, but it's early.

Meal of Links

Simon Cowell wants to kill me. I mean, how could he pick Taylor Hicks with two weeks to go on "AI"? Isn't Cowell disliked by many? What proper way to dis him then by VOTING THE OTHER WAY! In my best Ren, "You idiot!". This Best Friend bet is consuming me. Oh, she was admittedly prescient with her pick, but I seemed to be blissfully unaware of uttering the phrase "dinner, wherever you want." In my best Ren, "You idiot!" I actually had a nightmare involving flying to Chicago to pay up. Thank God it ended before I had a chance to be thrown up on.

The Raconteurs become a hot ticket this summer at HOB. I am there.

Barbaro, the Kentucky Derby winner, answers questions with a really freaky voice. I asked Barbaro if I would win my "American Idol" bet? He replied, "Probably not." Barbaro sucks.

Exercise Yard

First baseman Adam LaRoche of the Braves took his time getting to first base on Sunday for what would have been an inning-ending play. The runner was safe, Washington scores four runs in the inning and the Braves subsequently lose. Then we find out LaRoche has ADD. ADD then gets back in the spotlight. I cannot believe it is being looked on as an excuse. Not from LaRoche, mind you, but "experts".

Visitor

30 Down: Cartoonist Wilson (5 letters) Answer: Gahan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I seem to recall that Manny had ADD until his agent debunked the rumor. I think it coincided with his free agent negotiations. Now we just say, Manny is Manny. Poor Adam (isn't that what all ADD patients want us to do?)

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you see the Raconteurs in 2005?