Monday, May 15, 2006

I finally figured out why my DVR service went out. Because the fine folks at Adelphia cancelled it. Are you kidding me? I got a call the other day, I think Thursday, that informed me the grandfather period was over and I needed to start paying for it. Hey, I thought I was already paying, but I'm not stopping it. Great, keep it going, say I. Then I notice "The Office" didn't record. Today I noticed the boxing (always DVR it, in case I miss it) didn't record, nor "PTI". WTF? So, I call. They tell me it was cancelled. Yep, they're still sharp over there. Strangely, if you have the box, you can still try and record things, as the light goes on, to trick you.

Meal of Links

This woman really hates Katharine McPhee. "Pod Girl"? "You're next! You're next!"

Giant Magazine has a list of the Top 39 Rock Movies (not on website). I was more interested in the concerts and docs listed, instead of straight movies like "School of Rock" or "Almost Famous". I scored very well. These were the ones I have:

1. "This Is Spinal Tap"--OK, it's a faux doc.
3. "Gimme Shelter"
8. "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster"
10. "The Work of Director Spike Jonze"
17. "The Kids Are Alright"
19. "No Direction Home"
26. "The Last Waltz"
36. "A Hard Day's Night"
39. "Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense"

Other gems I have seen, but don't own, include:

2. "The Decline of Western Civilzation"
11. "The Filth and the Fury: A Sex Pistols Film"

Notably absent:

"I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" about Wilco.

Joey Porter wants a refund from President Bush. When the Steelers visit 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in June, Joey's gonna chat him up and tell him he doesn't like the way he's running things. And he wants his money back.

Exercise Yard

Well, well, well. Looks like the Cavs are making a series of it against the Pistons. Maybe that second half of Game 2 was the defensive wakeup call they needed, after all. Makes you wonder if Dick Bavetta will get the call to ref Game 5. Bavetta typically would be in a situation to help LeBron win a game, but maybe he'll show up to ensure a Pistons win on Wednesday. The Cavs go to Saint Louis on Tuesday for the funeral of Larry Hughes' brother, then go to Detroit for Wednesday's Game 6.

Visitor

69 Across: "Taxi" actor Tony (5 letters) Answer: Danza

No comments: