Sunday, May 28, 2006

I failed to mention that we made our first visit to the Brew Kettle on Friday. I didn't think it was that bad. Setup was a bit peculiar in that they have a decent-sized bar that kind of runs parallel to a bunch of booths that line the opposite wall. Where the bar ends, they have tables lining that wall.

Probably about 20 beers on tap, with a lot that have high alcohol by volume. I settled on a
Bell's Oberon Wheat. I think it was one of the lighter ones they had. Pretty good. Food was neat. I had to take a half a sammie home, but it was a good beef brisket with some horseradish on it. I think it's worth a visit if in the area.

Meal of Links

An Orange County diocese wants people to get off their knees during certain points of the Mass. I need to get off my ass and see what's going on at my local parish. It's been so long, I might not recognize what's going on. "In my day, they had you kneel for everything."

A look at the monuments of Washington. I guess the newer ones are not so good.

The Manhattan Solstice is a pretty cool thing. Next one is July 13.

Exercise Yard

I really think Mario Andretti could still drive at Indy if he wanted to, that's how much of a fan I am. It looks like the Andretti luck at Indy continues though, as grandson Marco loses on lap 200.

Thank God, I didn't participate in an Indy 500 drinking game, because I would have needed two days to recover. Many mentions of "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing", the Purdue University Marching Band, Jim Nabors and Mario.

Visitor

None, it was an Auto Racing Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another curious aspect of the Brew Kettle is the patio - not much ambiance or view unless fellow drinkers roll up in a BMW or Scion or new Honda (which might be possible since Sunnyside is right down the road.)