Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Went to the Tribe game tonight. Nomar Stalker's Dad came through with club seats, so my Dad and I joined the Stalker, as we upgraded our seats to see the Indians take on Curt Schilling. On the way over, the APL had a truck there. They had two dogs, and by God, I wanted to adopt one named Teddy. But I didn't. I hope someone claimed him though, because his reaction when I went to pet him was that he had to be abused, because he shied away at first and then he warmed up. Damn that APL, having cute dogs like that. Missing was the violin music coming from the back of the truck.

As for the game, the Tribe got Pap Smeared as Jonathan Papelbon saved the game for the Red Sox, Boston 8, Cleveland 6. First of all, it was colder than Opening Day. I mean freezing. As a matter of fact, my theromostat read 58 when I got home. Schilling started off OK, whiffing the side in the first, but this game turned into a marathon. Schilling threw 133 pitches before he left in the 7th. Jake Westbrook walked 6 in five innings for the Indians. He lucked into a double play on a pickoff as Manny wandered too far off second and Varitek made a stupid play by getting tagged going to second, then Manny thrown out at third.

Eric Wedge with lousy managing of the bullpen. Jason Davis should have come out for the seventh, he didn't. Scott Sauerbeck came in to face David Ortiz. Papi hammered the first pitch for a homer, that was it for Scott. Then Mota (Hello, Mota) came in and gave up a three-run homer to Manny in the 8th. Manny is back, as he is driving the ball hard to right field.

Club seats allow you to have free food and drink, only paying for alcohol. The best thing though was the hot chocolate, which kept us going in the cold. I think the funniest two lines were after a vendor said, "Last call for hot dogs.", a female said, "I'll have a wiener." Then my Dad noticed some kids getting peanuts and throwing them around. Of course, he had to complain about something, so he said, "Look at those kids doing that. Don't they know there are kids starving in A-va...A-fa...A-va-ga-stan?" We started laughing and I said, "Do you mean Afghanistan?". He said, "Yeah, where there's a Stan in it, they're hungry." I said, "Next time, just say France."

Meal of Links

The other day while figuring out what I want to wear when I am named Ambassador, I thought the look of the Monopoly Guy was pretty good. Via the phone line to Atlantic City, we were disappointed to find out his name was Mr. Monopoly. I was wishing for something more dramatic, not unlike Leo Farnsworth or H.E. Pennypacker.

Looks like Maury can't phone this show in. Unlike the Paternity or Boot Camp episodes.

Reynolds reaches back for some Levi Garrett. I also remember Skoal, Copenhagen and Happy Days Mint.

Exercise Yard

Rick Monday saved the flag 30 years ago. At Dodger Stadium, right there in the outfield. I remember the incident followed by the scoreboard message, "Rick Monday, You Made a Great Play". Everyone wanted to sing "You're A Grand Old Flag", but no one knew the words.

Visitor

32 Across: Actress MacDowell (5 letters) Answer: Andie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is not the first time he said have a gaviscon-----------JMK