Monday, April 17, 2006

My goal this year was to read one book a month and I'm slightly behind. I finally finished Bill Simmons' "Now I can Die In Peace". I enjoyed it very much, because I had forgotten about "Mr. Weebles", Jimy Williams' alter ego, who made him do stupid things. Next up is Harvey Araton's "Crashing the Borders: How Basketball Won the World and Lost its Soul at Home", just in time for the NBA playoffs ("Go Bron Bron!"). Hopefully, it doesn't read as long as that title.

Meal of Links

If there is a current band name better than Gnarls Barkley, I haven't heard it. "Crazy" is still Number 1 in the UK.

Do you recall that old "Far Side" panel where parents are dreaming of want ads that pay big money for their video-playing kids? Well, it's starting.

Springsteen comes to Blossom for the Seeger Sessions. He promises "an all new evening of gospel, folk and blues". Looks like he'll pull out the old cord tie for that show.

Exercise Yard

Fairleigh Dickinson wins the NCAA Women's Bowling title. I hate the Baker format, you know, where one bowls frames 1 and 6, the next 2 and 7, and so on. I like the smokin' and drinkin' format of rolling 10 frames each. And there's way too much high-fiving for my taste.

Visitor

35 Across: "I Just Wanna Stop" singer Vannelli (4 letters) Answer: Gino

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Boss is the only person that would compel me to fight the god-awful traffic at Blossom. I am sure that is why Clarence is not coming. That and the fact, Bruce can't carry him up him up on stage anymore.

Anonymous said...

why does Bruce want to do another hasbeen's material? you only can do so many versions of Like A Rock.Oh I see it is Pete Seeger--------------------------JMK