Thursday, April 27, 2006

I stopped by my favorite niece this evening. Today we had some sort of superpowers. I was Batman (no mask, but some sort of cape with Winnie the Pooh on it. So, I had Pooh on my head.), she was Wonder Woman and my brother was known as the terrifying "Soft Man". Yes, "Soft Man" and yes, it was that funny. But she needs some work, because the first thing she did with her newly found superpower was command it to rain. Not exactly striking fear into the world of crime. My brother commented that perhaps the criminals would stay inside to prevent getting wet. I told her I thought she could do better. Of course, "Soft Man" used his incredible powers to command "Hokey Pokey Elmo" to dance. (Uh, the switch needed to be on, but don't tell anyone.)

Meal of Links

Snoop Dogg and friends cause a ruckus at Heathrow. Lee Iacocca throws bailizzle to get out of jailizzle.

Coachella is this weekend. Kanye West gets the late call.

Jennifer Lopez is in the cover of People En Espanol's "50 Beautiful People" issue. Next up, Cat Fancy's special issue.

Exercise Yard

Dale Jr. paints his car black this weekend at Talladega, known as the Lady in Black. I first heard of this at the Indians game the other day, when I had my Bud hat on backwards. I'm walking down the aisle, the guy behind me says, "He painted his car black." I looked at him as if he spoke Martian and said, "Excuse me." "He painted his car black." Finally realizing what he said, I countered with, "Just for the weekend or all year?" The guy says, "I dunno. Maybe he wants to be like his Dad." There you have it, a misinformed to the clueless conversation.

Visitor

44 Across: "Stand and Deliver" actor Edward James _____ (5 letters) Answer: Olmos

No comments: