Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Dad and I went to Smokey Bones for dinner. That, in itself, is fairly uneventful, until we look at the menu and he decides to tell me "I only eat fish on Wednesdays during Lent." Uh, we are at Smokey Bones. Last time I checked they have lots of meat here and they tend to barbecue it.

Oh, they have non-meat items, but can you see my Dad ordering a Honey-Glazed Salmon, a Mahi-Mahi sandwich, or, gosh, a veggie burger. He told me his salad was really good. I knew he jumped at a dressing which he heard as "Vinaigrette". Thank God, when they brought out the "Raspberry Vinaigrette" he liked it. I must say, they do a fine pulled pork there.

Meal of Links

I must be the last person on earth to realize Caffrey's hasn't been available in the States for quite some time. Man, that was good stuff.

Have you heard anything by the Hasidic Reggae rapper yet? It must get hot in that coat.

Anti-insomnia medications cause bizarre side effects. Sadly, the use of these pills is up 50% since 2000. That seems like a lot, doesn't it? But I love how this article introduces a side effect like having sex while asleep and then fails to follow up on that.

Exercise Yard

With March Madness definitely on the front burner, I have to keep one eye on Miami hockey this weekend. An excellent shot to go the Frozen Four this year.

Visitor

43 Down: Rock star Clapton (4 letters) Answer: Eric

No comments: