Monday, March 27, 2006















Even the players can't believe there wasn't any beer at the Q!

I attended the NCAA Women's Cleveland Regional yesterday. S. and I started with brunch at the Waterstreet Grill on West 9th. You must go there. Man, this place was jumping for a Sunday morning and the food was pretty good.

So, we head over to Quicken Loans Arena for the Noon start to Tennessee-Rutgers. Thirsty for a beer, we were informed that they were not selling beer at this particular stand. I thought it stupid and asked a guy in a tux (I assumed he worked there) if they were selling beer anywhere in the joint and he said no, it was an NCAA event. Whoops. Hello, Sierra Mist.

The first game was kind of a dull affair as Rutgers slowdown style didn't match up with Tennessee at all. Candace Parker of dunking fame and UT's point guard each poured in a ton of points. Rutgers blew pretty much every opportunity handed to them along the way. It was so dull we had an over/under bet on how many times the UT band would play "Rocky Top".

The second game was more of my liking as Purdue almost beat #1 North Carolina. Purdue had the best band, best cheerleaders and best fans there. I think the band's version of "Hey Ya" by Outkast did it for me. Although, UNC's band played "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. Ivory Latta, the drama queen pictured above, won the game for the Heels with a layup with 2 seconds left. Then cramped up (allegedly) as she had to be carried off the court. Most thought, well, she blew out a knee or something. No, just a calf cramp. Sorry to be such an attention whore.

As a matter of fact, as we were walking back after catching the end of the George Mason-UConn game and watching Florida-Villanova (at the Hairy Buffalo, with many lesbians), we bumped into some UNC ladies as they were exiting from Johnny's. Gee, I guess they are on the NCAA's dime while in town, eh? Anyhow, I asked this very tall woman (I'm guessin' 6'4") if their teammate was doing fine. She replied, "Yes, it was just a cramp." My next line to her was "Is she always that dramatic?". Ouch. Killer look, followed by dead air. At least the other teammate chuckled a bit. We wished them luck and quickly moved on. I was actually worried they would follow me. Even though they were young, it appeared they could quite easily whip my ass.

Meal of Links

Anthony Bourdain:No Reservations returns to the Travel Channel tonight at 9:00. These shows are always entertaining.

Hey, they made a healthy pig. Tastes like chicken.

Everyone's talking about "The Colbert Report". After he hosts the White House Correspondents Dinner in April, more people will be talking about him.

Exercise Yard

I got my application for Browns season tickets over the weekend. No price increase this year. I asume that large increase comes after the next playoff year, whenever that will be.

Visitor

30 Down: Loren of "Houseboat" (6 letters) Answer: Sophia

1 comment:

Online Medical Store said...

This is a very helpful information.
To reduce blood pressure you can do yoga daily,excercise,and eat some healthy food.This daily activity can help you to reduce high blood cholesterol.
If you have no time for this daily activity then buy this medicines to control cholesterol-Amlopres 2.5mg Tablet.