Thursday, March 23, 2006

Duke loses and there goes my pool, fluttering away in the breeze as it does each spring. Not even a Duke fan, and I picked them. A very uncharacteristic effort on offense by the Blue Devils, as they scored their season low. The LSU coach can't coach his way out of a paper bag, yet has won three games in this tournament. I don't see them winning six for the title. Memphis looked awfully good tonight and no one speaks of them.

Meal of Links

Phil Spector has to wait a little bit longer before his trial begins. The fro may be back by then.

It looks like global warming is leading to rising ocean levels. Did I mention I was in Hawaii lately? The water seemed a proper level to me.

Everyone wants to be Mayor of Nawlins. Here comes the mud.

Exercise Yard

When you hit a ball into the water at the 17th hole at Sawgrass, someone makes money later on. By recovering the lost balls, which is now a $200 million business.

Visitor

17 Across: US Steel cofounder (15 letters) Answer: J. Pierpont Morgan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually that was the Dukies lowest total since 1997- JMK